Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Redaction

The word I found in the dictionary that most resembles the word that was repeated often in my dreams last night "redaction" which isn't a word.  Redact: to put in writing; to select or adapt for publication; to edit.

My subconscious mind was telling me to edit the things in my life.  To choose those things that I most enjoy and need in my life and let the other stuff go.  A reverse "bucket" list, if you will.  Or.  My mind was saying that I should write, select words and thoughts more carefully for publication.  Here?  Or should I watch what I say in public more carefully?  Edit my spoken comments.  All of these things are possibilites.

This week I am enjoying the opening of petals on this tiny pink ranunculus.  Can you see the tight petals still hugging that brown center rectangle?  I may not have this tiny flower long enough to see it open wide.  I had three and only one is opening and still surviving.  An otherworldly being looking up at me.

I have an orphan gardenia visiting.  With several white flowers opening.  The fragrance may be too much for me once they open.  Then this lovely orphan will have to find a new home.  I repotted a night blooming cyris (I think) and while doing my Pilates this morning I noticed I have one here at home.  I thought it was an orchid cactus.  But it wasn't.  Isn't.  Blooms one night.  Gone in the morning.  And then nothing for another 364 days.

Fringe was renewed for a fourth season.  Reason enough to be very happy today.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful flower!

Terry Grant said...

I started watching Fringe in the beginning and finally got to where I could not take the grimness. No one smiles. Ever. Especially Olivia. She is one humorless woman.