Friday, March 18, 2011

The Mystery Of Why The Dog Wouldn't Eat His Breakfast

I got up this morning and tried every which way I could think of to get Riley to eat his breakfast.  He absolutely refused.  He wouldn't even get closer than 3 feet to the breakfast bowl.  But we ran out of time and had to leave for work, so I packed his lunch and mentioned to the doggie day care staff that Riley hadn't wanted breakfast. I thought he might be a bit sick or something. We get home at 4pm and Riley goes over to the breakfast, looks up at me as if to say, "can I eat this?" and goes ahead and eats.  This is when I call G and find out HE fed Riley breakfast.

Mystery solved.  Riley had already eaten.  What a polite Labrador Retriever.  "oh, no, thank you, I've already eaten and couldn't possibly scarf down a second bowl".  My friend has a black lab that once ate an entire ham dinner including dessert off the buffet table.  And didn't even burp.

Work was incredible today.  It was 63 degrees and sunny.  Imagine being in a glass house with all the windows closed.  So, pretty close to 90 degrees in the greenhouse.  And my blood is still in "winter".  I thought I might pass out a few times during the 6 hour shift.  Fushias arrived today.  The bane of my existence until Mother's Day.  Needing to be watered twice a day which means holding the hose over my head and getting water running down my arm into my armpit.  Cold water.  Cold, wet clothes.  Oh, let me count the ways I despise those hanging baskets.

I packed an extra large (for this whole foods thing) lunch today and ate it all in less than 10 minutes.  I thought I was starving to death or something.  Two small slices of bread, 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, one banana and a navel orange.  I had another slice of bread and I T of peanut butter when I got home.  Then I walked the dog.

I wonder if buying a tiny little electric frying pan (6 inches square) would be a good idea?  Then I could have egg and cheese bagels.  I could fry the egg at work, while the work toaster, toasted the bagel and the hot egg would melt the cheese.  It sounds like a good idea.  But I haven't thought it thru. I do know that eating an egg or two really fills me up.  I am not having near enough protein in my lunch.  Which is why I am  nearly, always hungry.

1 comment:

Amelia Quilter said...

Don't you just love miscommunication!

Won't don't you ask your boss if you can use an Orbit 33" shower wand extension on the garden hose so you don't get wet?