Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sorting/Finding/Working My Way

I emptied two plastic storage boxes and found some things I had forgotten I owned and some things that have been lost for quite awhile.  I found a picture of myself, probably taken more than ten years ago or more, working at the library.  238 pounds, at least.  Round. Lumpy. Dumpy. Moon Faced.  My 2X clothing stretched around my very large middle.  I thought I had a waist because I always wore a belt.

That was a good thing to find today.  I don't want to go back to that.

I added "stretch" under the Do Not Bend after I took the pictures of this spread in my Art Journal.  I am coming to the end of the book.  Only a few pages to go.  I found the X-ray picture in those boxes.  Sometimes the Universe sends you such a clear message.  Create. Build. Do Not Bend. And the added Stretch.  The start of a new journal is always exciting.  What direction will I take?

I also found a box of watercolor brush pens (almost as exciting as Christmas), a bag of mechanical pencils (Suduko pencils), and a small square watercolor pad.  Really, it doesn't get more exciting than this.  These are things I will need if I plan to be doing new things, staying busy.

My back aches from the exercises.  Not pain, just an ache.  G had a bad day at work (slow) and Riley had woken him up twice last night for no apparent reason (1 and 3am).  I have dinner heating up and then I think a nice hot shower and an early bedtime for G.  He is off tomorrow.  I have a choice of two books to read or I can sort and clean out the "Paid Bills" file cabinet and then shred the old bills for the compost pile.  I also have a stack of squares that need circles appliqued.  A long way past Nothing.

1 comment:

dee said...

Exellent! I remember when you were doing those circles on squares a while back. I liked that idea.
Finding supplies you forgot about is always exciting-especially when they haven't dried out in the interim.