Tuesday, January 11, 2011

01-11-11

And at some point in the writing of this post it will also be 11.11.  I had no idea we had already reached the 11th day of January.  Time is flying past.  There is a pokey period of time each day, between 10 and 3.30, that is difficult to get past, but once I get past that, Riley and I seem to settle down. And we have our nice, cold walk during that time period which could be why things aren't as easy as I would like.  Riley starts wanting his walk as soon as I finish my cereal.  But I think it's better to have it after he has lunch. As I have mentioned to Riley many, many times: I don't like the walk before we get going, but once we get going (about 20 minutes into the walk) then I am pleased to be walking.  That's just the way I am.

I made a large pot of Split Pea Soup before I even thought about breakfast cereal or coffee.  It's now in the final simmer.  Extra carrots, onions and potatoes since all veggies are Points Free in WW.  Not that I am doing WW.  I just love vegetables.  G and I watched a Hunting Show show last night.  I decided if I had to kill animals for meat, I wouldn't eat meat.  And there's something just a bit creepy about the  handsome-ish host of the show. He kills, expertly butchers and cooks the meat.  He wears very expensive clothing, shoots with a very expensive rifle, lives in New York City but hunts in Alaska. I don't think I will watch it again.

I spend more time typing and deleting these days.  I bore myself with what I write.

I ventured over to the Nancy Crow website to see her new work.  Can you say Comic Book Art?  Not a fan.  Another blogger with good credentials has been chopping her work up, re working it, giving it away at thrift stores.  She is experiencing "tedium".  Terry finds herself in a "rut" over in Sew It Goes.  I am experiencing something that has a good French word to describe it but I can't find the word to type it here.  Sounds like euew. (enuie?) But not the euew when you step in something nasty.  We are all having a similar sensation.  The Universe.  Things float around and touch us all.  I wonder what the cure will be? Cutting finished work into chunks?  Something"new"?  Can't wait.

11.11 passed as I was looking for my French word.

I'm going to strip the bed, wash the rosy pink sheets, get the snowy white sheets out of the linen closet, make the bed, spray the dog beds with Febreze, Windex a few more windows, walk the dog, make a Chinese style mushroom and Rice Noodle soup for G, finish the edges on my 12 by 12 for tomorrow's reveal and search for the rusty black and white bleach discharged fabric to add to the previous 12 by 12 to improve it's looks.  Did I say walk the dog?  Ugh.

2 comments:

Diane N said...

I think the word you want is ennui, meaning tedium, listlessness, etc...

Diane N said...

When I first read the Nancy Crow comment I thought you must be exaggerating but after just having looked at it, I can see where one would think all it needs is POW or WHAM across the piece.