Friday, June 26, 2009

556

Another day. More back pain. Today, at work, I couldn't pick up the hose. Sad. there were all those dry plants, waiting for a drink, a sip of fertilized water, and I was bending, but not quite enough, not close enough, to touch the hose. So I had to get down on one knee, pick up the hose and then try and get back on both feet.

My boss mentioned the annual house needed watering in the afternoon. He wondered if he should ask someone else to do it. That's the way he asks me to do things. Would that be passive-aggressive behaviour?

G had to drive to another McD's to get additional buns for the new Angus burger they are serving. His tiny McD's is selling a good number of them and they ran out of buns. His McD's is tiny because it has no drivethru. It has no neon. It has no McCafe. It has no golden arches. It's just a tiny brick and clapboard cape that once was a bank, then served ice cream and is now the ONLY fast food chain in town.

Anyway, he had to drive to another town to get buns and then drive back to the tiny restaurant before finally driving home for dinner. Since we had eaten out yesterday (beer and cheeseburgers) we ate at home tonight. Pasta with butter and cheese. G had lots of butter and cheese and I had very little.

I was not supposed to be working tomorrow, but most of our employees are attending a wedding (a co worker is getting married) so I'll be helping "cover lunches". I think I can leave whenever I feel like I've had enough fun. I also volunteered to water on the Fourth of July. We're closed but we have to come in and water all the plants. So, in spite of the decrease in scheduled hours, I am trying to make some money.

Oh. I got a nice letter from the Internal Revenue. Seems I made an even BIGGER mistake on the Federal return and they will be sending me a really BIG refund in 6 weeks. Much bigger than the one the state of Maine sent me. What the hell was I doing???? They mentioned the Qualified Dividends in the explanation part of the letter. And the Qualified Dividends Worksheet. Where the mistakes were made. And I actually thought I had gotten it right this year. Clearly delusional.

3 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I just checked google maps. There are 11 McDonald's within 5 miles of my house. Suburbia. I did try one McCafe. It was tasty and certainly cheaper than Starbucks. (There are 16 of those within 5 miles of my house.)

So sorry about your back. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

MariMo said...

Just realized that since McD's Europe decided to move "my" QA Lab test kitchen from Frankfurt to Munich (a 30-year-long-fight) in December 2007 I only visited one McD's restaurant in Morocco - I just don't "do" McD's anymore - it still hurts.........

Great news about your tax return - enjoy!

gema said...

Just dropping by to say HI! I am having major computer troubles....Someone in this house used my computer while I was away and took down my firewalls etc. Totally messed up my computer. Getting an updated version of Windows installed shortly and hope things will be normal again soon.

You'll need to celebrate your windfall. The mistake might be theirs. Maybe you shouldn't change anything about the way you do your returns, it might keep the windfalls coming.

Sorry to hear about your back troubles. When I have a 'clamped' nerve/paralysing back pain, I place a big enough cardboard box on the foot end of my bed and cover it with blankets to make it comfy. It should be big enough to keep the feet at a 90° angle. I then sleep on my back a couple of nights with lower legs on the box, it takes getting used to but is manageable. I am good as new in a short time and need no doctor intervention/injections in my lower back....

Still fishing my way around because my bookmarks are all gone!