Thursday, February 07, 2008

Still Snowing

Riley and I had our little walk. Riley carried a large green metal plant stake home from the walk. He was very proud of his find. He usually carries a piece of ice or asphalt. Likes to have a "job". The snow is covering a nice slippery surface of ice from yesterday. Everything was wet and sloppy when the sun set and froze overnight. I cleared as much of the muck as I could from our driveway in the late afternoon. G cleared off the six inches of new snow this morning with the snow blower. I just love it when it snows on G's day off.

A piece of the bleach discharged fabric. I'm working on drawing a bit on the surface with colored pencils. I have oil sticks and oil pastels also. I drew the self portrait of my eye. See I did learn something in college. LOL.

Whilst (I do love the British English) cleaning in my workroom I have been uncovering work I did in years past and left unfinished. Some of it is quite good. I'm wondering what I found to do that was better than finishing this work? Some of it is Riley. Puppy duty is 24/7. And the healthy eating plan. And all the walking.

I think I need to stop calling my "workroom" my "workroom". Sounds too much like the Dickens WORKHOUSE and not enough like enjoyment. Studio? It doesn't roll out of my mouth too easily.

What's Good Today: G's Day Off. I like it when he's home. Lunch somewhere good. Coffee beans from Wicked Joe's. Managing my calories for the day so I can have Fruit Cobbler for dessert. Raspberries from my own bushes!!! Survivor and an hour on the phone with K. Big white fluffy snowflakes falling on a very black dog.

What's Not: Phone calls all day and evening --recorded-- from candidates.

Gema consider writing to me using my email address (in profile). We have a great deal in common to discuss! Are you a Virgo by any chance????? LOL.

4 comments:

dee said...

wow geez, I missed reading for a day and lost out on the political stuff. Gema's "hair on the teeth" is hilarious.
Someone I know mentioned the martyr factor of Obama and was attacked for suggesting such a thing. My answer was that I couldn't believe that an adult person of our age didn't think it was a major factor. He is and will be a target-I'm just saying.
Hillary would be great for NY and frankly, that's where my bread is buttered. We've had a very hard 8 years with W-All you need to ask youself is this-was your life better under Bill-Big Fat Hell Yes-not to mention that our country was not viewed as a nation of morons governed by an arrogant buffoon married to a Sepford Wife.I see today that Mit has bowed out. I'm a bit afraid of McCain-too much Hawk going on there.
Thanks for the dialog!

His Office, My Studio said...

Glad Riley is still taking you for a walk. We have about 12 inches of new snow and all three dogs are having much fun playing in it.

Can't wait to see what you do with the discharded fabric piece.

Enjoy your time with "G".

gema said...

Hi Joanne,
Where is my post today? LOL...
Where did it go? Was it considered toooooo.....whatever.
I have tried to get in touch but your email address won't open up. Please email me, if you can. Don't know if you have access to my gmail address.
Cheers.

gema said...

OK, now I see. Went back to read and noticed that I was overlooking the posts from yesterday.
'tupid me!
Oh, no I'm not Virgo.