Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Status Report

The kahlua chocolate birthday cake was (is) delicious. I recommend it to all of you and will print the recipe as soon as the cake effects wear off.

The birthday pot roast dinner was fantastic. Slow roasted all day, with mashed potatoes, green peas and cole slaw. All my favorites.

I got great presents.

I got fired.

I am now free to do a shocking library "tell all" posting. But not right this minute. LOL

Sometimes we think things will be awful and when they happen--it turns out to not be awful. It turns out to be good. I am happy about the turn of events even though they were exceptionally bizarre. And trust me -- it was bizarre. I will miss my friends. I hope they will believe what they know in their hearts is true of me and discredit the things that will be said which are not true. I am the person you always thought you knew. Trust that knowledge.

I have no regrets other than not walking out of yesterday's meeting a free woman. I let them ruin my birthday. And I cried because they ruined my birthday.

Today my family and friends did what they do best and made me happy again. Thank you!!!!! All of you, from California to Germany, your support and love has made all the difference today!

6 comments:

His Office, My Studio said...

What a day you had. Glad to hear your cake was good and wish I had some with you. I am a fan of Kahlua.

WOW you got fired on your BD. That is BS. Sometimes getting fired is not so bad. I have been fired and it was great after the shock wore off.

Now new doors will open for you and you will be very happy with what you see.

I can not wait for the "tell all".

Deborah Boschert said...

I am sitting here trying to write something thoughtful, supportive and clever, but really I just want to say some nasty things about librarians. Unbelievable.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to hear what happened, either. You've got to be a pretty crappy employer to fire someone on their birthday, for heaven sakes! And I thought you just applied for a new position?

I'm sorry they made you cry. I probably would, too.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

For every door that closes a new one opens. I'm sure some wonderful things will be happening for you. It was always hard for me to walk away from a job but afterwards, I always knew it was the right thing to do. I think you will feel this too.
Congrats on getting into the blue dress!

Leanne Hurren said...

Glad your cake was good!! CAn't wait to here what happened. I'm a strong believer that things happen for a reason - so I'm sure things will turn out ok. At least you get to spend more time with the gorgeous Riley!!

Unknown said...

Big virtual HUG