Monday, January 22, 2007

Today. so far

These are the things I see from the desk where I read and write blog posts. I pinned my art on the wall of my dining room and that's the table I can never quite clear of art ephemera. The chair is full of stuff I took off the table prior to Thanksgiving I think. Boxes of pens and pencils.

My red robe, black sweatpants and slippers. You don't see the white short sleeve tee shirt. My daily uniform. When my husband would be traveling and not home in the evening--I would stay in this outfit, changing to clean tee shirts and sweat pants, for days. It's all purpose. The robe is made of something they call "cozy yarn" which means it's made of chemicals. It is cozy. Warm when I need it to be warm and cool during the summer months. Isn't that weird?

The other view I have-- of the kitchen island. Scissors, pedometer, glass and the big bowl of paper I have collected in the past three days. The only thing I didn't photograph is the ceiling. Now other people's homes are much more "gorgeous" than mine. So enough of this and back to the vacuum. I crawled under the bed with the vacuum this morning and got all that nasty dust along the baseboards and then vacuumed the bottom of the box springs. Now to do the mini blinds. I also just barely missed vacuuming up some of my new socks. That was EXCITING. I have central vac and have to run out into the hall to get it to stop --- and the socks are in danger the whole time of going down into the basement dust container. Wow!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

I had no idea your Mac and Cheese bowl quilt was so big! I love that line of artwork on the wall. Vacuuming up the fringe on a rug is one of my biggest fears. Seriously. Totally freaks me out.

Shelina said...

You have a nice house - hardwood floors, shiny counters, a vacuum you don't have to lug around, pretty artwork on the walls.