Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving Dear Readers


Today and tomorrow (and everyday) I will give thanks for the good life I have and the friends, family and good memories I hold in my heart.

I am thankful to be in good health.
I am thankful that I have a well constructed roof over my head and heat.
I am thankful for the food in the fridge and garden.
I am thankful that BOTH my son and daughter now have new jobs.
(your good thoughts are much appreciated)
I am thankful for our devoted, sweet and happy dog.
I am thankful for the warm sweater I am wearing and the cosy slippers.

It is snowing here in Maine and the roads are getting more and more slippery.  My daughter is driving home and has given G a heads up.  If she doesn't call in 45 minutes, he's to go out looking for her.

I chose not to go into work today.  I would have had to drive home at 6 pm in the dark, in the snow. Instead I made cranberry sauce, roasted sweet potatoes, and baked a pumpkin cheesecake, sent G to the grocery store twice (he reports the driving, tempers and behavior on the roads and in the stores is very poor.   And, really, what does anyone need from a greenhouse the day before Thanksgiving?

In 45 minutes, when our daughter is safely home from work, all will be good in my little world.  As I hope it is in your worlds.  Safe, warm and anticipating a lovely holiday tomorrow.

I am thankful for you, reading this.

5 comments:

Frederique said...

I'm running a fabric giveaway, would you like to enter?
Happy Thanksgiving!

MariMo said...

Happy Thaksgiving to you, G, daughter and son. Enjoy!

MariMo said...

*Thanksgiving*

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Annie said...

Well, I was one of those not so lucky people who had a power outage over Thanksgiving that they have been talking about on the news.

Finally got power it back early 11/28. I'm exhausted from the stress of it all!

I'm glad all is going well with you and your family.