Monday, April 28, 2014

Today


Today is all I can control right now.

Today I noticed that G didn't cover the pansy container and now we have no pansies.  The deer came in the night, pranced up onto the deck and ate all my pretty purple, blue and yellow pansies.

Today the phone woke me up.  My daughter has been vomiting all night and requested applesauce and bananas from the grocery.  I was up and dressed and out of the house before even having a sip of morning coffee.  I drove past her house on the way home to mine.  Had to turn around.  Go back.

Today the grocery had really fresh, red rhubarb so I bought a bag full and used two of my last three breakfast eggs to make a Rhubarb Custard Pie.  I even made butter pie crust.  The pie is in the oven. It's for G though I am ambivalent about giving him pie when he cost me my pansies.

Today I am going out in the COLD & WINDY & WET day (where is Spring?) and planting my Brussels Sprout seedlings and my cabbage seedlings.  I will get G to cover the bed they are going in with woven seed barrier.  To keep the wind off them.  I did plant all my onion seedlings yesterday.  And the calendula, dill and borage seeds in the herb bed along with the Fava bean seeds and all the peas in another bed.  Yesterday was a good day, as I also started seeds for 8 different tomato varieties, two kinds of zinnias, red onions, eggplant and four o'clocks.

Today I have on tons of sweaters and I am freezing.

Today I have soaked nasturtium seeds to plant.  The flowers make a very pretty addition to a salad.  They taste peppery.  I usually get only one plant out of an entire package of seeds.  Sad.

Today I weighed myself and I had gained 3 pounds.  In 3 days.  I don't think it's mathematically  possible that I consumed 10,500 extra calories in the past three days.  Just saying.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your Pansies. I don't think it is possible to gain 3lbs in 3 days. It is just a water shift or some such, don't worry about it. I have stopped weighing myself.....the disappointments caused me great bouts of depression.
Hope your daughter is better. Have a great week J.
Greetings from Germany,
Gemma