Monday, September 30, 2013

Feeling Foggy


This is the closest we come to what I want my kitchen to be--someday (the island will be twice as deep- the designer calls it outrageously deep).  I need to send this image to my kitchen designer.  We are busy circling each other.  Sending emails and not really speaking the same language.  At the moment we are talking about kick plates versus open legs on the bottom of all the cabinets and drawer units.  What it would cost.

Even the bead board ceiling in this picture is like my own ceiling.  Those tall cabinets are like my present dish cupboard.  Looks better in white.  Do I want that?  I just don't know.

My carpenter is at the Freiburg Fair today-Woodman's Day.  Tomorrow he arrives to begin installing all the new windows.  They are in the garage right now.  Waiting.  The French doors are somewhere, but not here, yet. Perhaps they will be delivered tomorrow.  So, when I get home from work tomorrow at 6:30, I should get to see a window.  Maybe, even two.  It's getting darker in that room each day.  Summer is past.  Winter is moving ahead faster than usual.

In the past/future 22 days beginning on 9/15 I will have/have had, THREE days off.  Yes.  I am certainly CRAZY.  I am already exhausted.  This is what happens when you have a full time job and take on a seasonal job as well.  CRAZY!!!  From now until October 6th there are NO DAYS OFF.  I will be going straight through.  And then get my next week's schedule.  I think it slows down after Columbus Day until we get close to Thanksgiving.  And a second group is being trained next week. At least I hope we get fewer hours in the next week or two.  I could use a break.

I only worked until 2 pm today (seems like a holiday) and have a good sized pot roast in the oven. Finally a good meal.  I even sat outside with Riley and read a few pages of my book.  G was out planting bulbs for one of his customers.   I have potatoes to peel and cabbage to shred for cole slaw. I found my green training folder (which I thought I had lost) so I won't be getting a black mark on my permanent record after all.  It's all good.

 


No comments: