Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Arts Are Elementary- 10x10


This is a 12x12 which I cropped to 10x10 for the art auction (funds used to get artists into the elementary schools).  It was never going anywhere in it's 12x12 size (and Terry started me thinking about cropping in her posts), but there is the possibility someone will like this 10x10 and buy it in the auction September 27th.  You can visit the website and see all 300 pieces of art.

The "change in dietary plans" is going along.  Not 100%, but the ankles aren't swollen so that is a step in the right direction.  I was late for work this morning and toasted two slices of WPF raisin bread, topped with butter and flew out the door.  My packed lunch was two chicken tenders and a bowl of cucumbers in sour cream.  I also was offered two pretzels and I ate them.

I drove my husband's Jeep to work and it is way bigger than my car and I haven't driven it in years.  The windows fogged up this morning, I had to adjust the seat, I couldn't use the rear view mirror etc.  Thank goodness the gas pedal was okay.  If it isn't my foot goes to sleep.  Yes, dear readers, my foot goes to sleep if the pedal isn't "just right".  I am such a Princess.  When I buy a car, it's the deal breaker on lots of really nice cars that I like.  Don't ever believe the sales guys if they say the gas pedal is "adjustable".  That's a lie.

My September horoscope assures me of a happy birthday this year.  Not like the past few birthdays. Being a Virgo isn't always a great deal of fun.  I don't think you usually (ever) see those two words in a sentence.  Virgo/Fun.  Virgo/Fussbudget?  Yes.  So, I am all for a bit of birthday FUN!!!  I want to roll with a really happy birthday.  A local Mexican restaurant has invited me to dinner on my birthday  (20% discount).  I have the card (birthday card) on my desk.  This month also contains our 45th wedding anniversary.  I'm taking the day off.  Yes, I am.

Work continues on the "peak" and the electrician ran wire and outlets for two lights and one ceiling fan today. The windows are "12 days out" so it'll be awhile.  There is more deconstruction to do, but I don't know when that is happening.  J's finish work is so wonderful.  I am wanting it everywhere.  He did the peak ceiling in curved bead board (picture tomorrow) and now I want it on the foyer doorway ceilings.   J says he'll do it--but I need to be reminded that it all costs $$$$.

In other news, G finished with the gardening client I got for him (and was asked to return in the Spring to weed again) and has now picked up TWO more. I am buying plants and stuff for one (and designing a new garden bed) but I think the second one he got today, might be troublesome.  The client sees himself as an "expert".  Which might be why the landscaper he had, stopped coming.  I'd like him to concentrate on the garden across the street (we have lots to do there) and if time allows, do some planting for the other.  I can see this turning out to be a real job.  And, does he really want that much work?  I think his best direction should be weeding, planting and general care of established gardens for people who are unable to do for themselves anymore.  A nice garden means everything to a gardener who can no longer garden.  And they appreciate him more.

I'm going out to pick tomatoes.  Even though they just don't taste as great as they usually do.  And so many gardeners are lamenting the lack of summer squash.  Who ever thinks they won't get enough zucchini????  But, I get one or two and then a week or more with nothing.  And the eleven plants of yellow summer squash?  I planted so many because I wanted to make my favorite fried squash and onions every single week.  I've made it once.  And bought grocery squash to use with the four in the fridge.  But the green beans just keep coming.  Huge baskets of them every other day.  Too many.  The cucumbers are just about done.  I would like them to keep going for another few weeks.

So, that's what's going on here.  How are you doing??

No comments: