Friday, November 09, 2012

Finally, Friday


It's been quite a week.  The excitement of the election.  Then the aftermath of really funny stuff (Karl Rove) and some not so wonderful stuff (politics as usual from the House Speaker).

I had another busy day at work until 3.30 and then it got really quiet and not much happened after that-- well, I had a repeat customer with a dead lavender plant.  This is the third time we have tried to save a lavender plant for this guy's "sweetheart".  I'm wondering if she really likes the plants?  One never knows.  Perhaps the "sweetheart" is imaginary?   These are the kinds of things I think about on slow days at work.

There was a customer yesterday that dragged a large pot and the plant I had in it out of my front table display (she was buying them).  In doing the dragging she also knocked over three wire deer, leaving them in a pile of legs and bodies with little concern.  I know it is good to have customers like the display so much that they want to buy it, BUT she ruined it and I had to rethink and rebuild.  It's never as good the second time.  And it's the front table.  Other than that--the greenhouse is looking very nice. Ready for a busy weekend, I hope.  I hope everything is gone by Sunday when I come to work.

Tomorrow is my day off.  Pretty excited about it.  I have hardly any household chores other than paying the bills.  The dog will want a walk.  I should dig my own lavender plants out of the garden (unless it's too late and they froze to death).   I have books to read and a 12x20 to work on.  The only fly in this happy Saturday is making something for dinner.  It was so much easier when I ate pasta.

There was something I had wanted to tell you but I can't seem to remember what it was.  Oh, yes.  Only 854 more pages and this blog will hit 100,000 pages read.  Pretty excited.

2 comments:

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

imaginary sweetheart. hahaha.

Terry Grant said...

It has really been that kind of week, I guess. My blog title was "Friday, finally"!