Thursday, November 29, 2012

Carrot News

I met person who owns my 10x10 carrots.  Her husband purchased the Carrots for her anniversary gift at the Arts Are Elementary fundraiser in October.  And today, I introduced myself to her while she was visiting the greenhouse and doing some shopping.  This is the 12x12 version of the Carrots (the 10x10 image is blurry).

The fascinating thing about this chance conversation (is anything actually by chance?) was that when the new Carrot owner placed the Carrots above her mantle---all the other odd bits of purchased art (drawings, watercolor etc) came together.  My art had completed the ensemble.  And over the holidays a large, exuberant bunch of bittersweet looked perfectly at home as well.  The carpet, in hues that matched the Carrots (but hadn't been noticed before), was also brought to life.  How extraordinary.

The new owner of my Carrots was able to do something I hadn't been able to do.  She went back, at the end of the evening, to see what had not sold and try and figure out why. To better study the kind of art people purchase.  I did do my own research matching the list of sold pieces to the images on the website.  Not as good as seeing them in person, but still a valuable learning tool.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

And what were your assessments about what sells?! I'm curious. I loved hearing about the carrots in their new home.