Monday, March 19, 2012

Winter Quilt Reveal

12 by 12.  Bleach discharged fabrics.  Needle turn reverse applique.  Couched thread.  I was trying to give the impression of ice covered ground.  The pine needles and leaf clutter showing through the cracks in the ice. Bird tracks in the snow.

Go over here to see another quilter's impression of winter.  At one time there were 3 or 4 of us doing this little mini challenge but I didn't do a very good job of setting it up or people just weren't all that interested.  I have greater appreciation of the original Twelve by Twelve group.  They stayed organized!

4 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

wow, ever so nice. awesome, even.

gema said...

This is truly AWESOME, at first I didn't/couldn't see a quilt, I saw a photo. I clicked and saw the stitches. Awesome is such an understatement for this quilt. BIG Congrats and well done and and and...

Susan Mcd said...

It's perfect. It really works--even better than the inspiration photo!

kathy said...

wow!! I thought this was a photograph. Nicely done!