Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Update

I have gotten through the first two days of my 1200 calorie diet successfully. I even participated in a long walk with a friend (sans dog) which made me feel good. My calorie levels for the first two days were under 1200 by 200 or 300 calories. Yes, I'm hungry.

I'm following the directive of no food after 8 pm. And since we eat dinner at 6:30 or 7 this isn't hard to do. The afternoon is the hardest time for me. And lunch. So I haven't eaten lunch the first two days. Just a piece of fruit and an ounce of cheese.

The realtor called and we have a "potential" interested buyer. This is because I wrote an email saying that I had listed the house "as is" hoping to get an insultingly low offer, which I would accept and the house would be sold. So. Let's see if they can make the insulting offer this week. In Ohio, buyers don't have the bloodthirsty pirate mentality of Maine, Florida and Illinois, all places where I have bought and sold houses with gusto and spirit and several insulting offers. The listing price was only a "suggestion" never a reality. In Ohio, the buyers take the list price as reality. I guess. No wonder they have a 40 month backlog. And no wonder they elected Boehner as their senator in Congress. Pronounced correctly as Boner. Not Bayner.

My happiness/ sadness ratio is more on the happy side today. My son demands that I be happy so I'm trying to be happy. He reads this blog. In fact, he is the reason I blog. He thought it would be a fun thing for me to do. And he was correct. My Blog-O-Versary is coming up soon.

Eye doctor. Bank to deposit paychecks. Work for three hours. Dinner with friends this evening at the local Memphis Rib place. Top Chef Masters when I get home. A GOOD day. A BUSY day. And I think the sun is supposed to be shining and it's gonna be HOT!

I watered my garden while I was on my walk yesterday. Ever the optimist. At least where the garden is concerned.

No comments: