Wednesday, July 15, 2009

CLOSED

Not so good thing: My (our) favorite restaurant has closed it's doors to dining room customers. They now are only doing catering. I was shocked and saddened to see the little blurb in the local paper early this week. G and I haven't been having many mutual days off, so we haven't been having lunch together very often this month (this summer). We both have tomorrow off. Sigh!

Very excellent good thing: We have now had SEVEN days of mostly sunshine. Now the temps haven't gotten above 77 degrees (unless you work in a greenhouse and then they have gone close to 90 or 100 degrees) but that sun is SHINING. And it's WARM. And I am loving it!

Amazing thing: A miracle, even. A check from the bastards at the annuity. Yes. A check. And I called them to make sure they meant to send it, that I can cash it, and it's not a "trick". It's good.

I ate too much today but all the food was so delicious and I was so hungry. Eggplant Parm for lunch with whole wheat penne. And I did a perfect job of seasoning and sauteeing the pork steaks for dinner tonight. Great baked potatoes and steamed green beans.

Tomorrow I will go look at the planters at the local McD's to see what I need to do to make them look good. And I'll weed a bit in my veggie garden. And sit in the sun. Could go for a record tomorrow and have EIGHT days of sun. In a row. Wow!

No Art Club. The doors to the building where we meet were locked again and this time we didn't get anyone to let us in. I was so READY to enjoy Art Club. So I was really bummed.

CLOSED. It seems that my world is closing down on me lately. No summer plans. No social calendar. Not much work (paid). No favorite restaurant. No walking buddy ( baby grandson taking all her time). No zucchini to make into pickles.

OPEN: A great lunch date with a book reading friend. A hug from a library patron who hasn't seen me lately. A visit from my daughter (nice tan). Husband going away on trip for a week. I can eat chard for dinner with brown rice and beets. Iced Coffee. West Wing repeats as my summer viewing pick. I never watched when it was new. What year did it begin? The two episodes I watched this morning were from 2000.

So more Open things than Closed. That's good. Staying positive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We love West Wing too - we bought the box set dirt cheap and watch an episode most nights while eating (we are bad people who eat off trays infront of the TV). I understand about 60% of it but its still good viewing! We do not like the actress who sounds like she has breathed in helium though!