Thursday, May 21, 2009

Garden: Heat Wave

After many pleasant days in the mid sixties (we like that temperature here in Maine) we are having a "heat wave" of temps in the 80's today. And all my plants are wilting in the heat and hot sunshine. Me, too. I was watering everything and getting bitten by every bug that flew past. Black Flies! Ugh! Now I am covered with pink polka dots of Calamine lotion. And I'm sipping my, first of the season, iced coffee.

My walking buddy is back from Florida where she says it's "stinking hot" and it's also raining. Their house sitter has had to lower the water in the pool twice or three times this week. We walked Riley this morning and all his favorite pools of water have dried up. He wasn't the happiest of walking buddies.

I need to visit the grocery store, library and bank. It's 2 pm so I'd best get started.

I missed Art Club on Tuesday. I had to work long past my scheduled time to quit (5:30, not 4) and after picking up the dog, showering, and thinking about going-- I just gave up, ate dinner in my jammies and fell asleep watching Dancing with the Stars. I woke up to see the chubby Olympic champ win. Too bad she wasn't the best dancer. Just the most popular with people who called in. A good season ends badly. At least Survivor ended well. JT, even after making so many mistakes (but did he?) won it all. And Coach has a book deal. Ha! It also looked like Coach had used some Botox.

We are almost out of Rhubarb Pie so I need to make more. The Baked Ham continues to be very delicious. But needs Rye Bread and pickled hot peppers. I'm thinking of making G a cheesecake. Cream cheese is on sale. My daughter leaves for her vacation tomorrow and I have to drive home from work, mid day on Saturday to walk the dog. I couldn't get the whole day off.

One week till my trip to Ohio. Feeling better about it. Making lists of documents I need to take, keys I need to have, car papers, house deeds, death certificates. Work gloves for the carrying of trash from the basement. Hotel reservations. Taxi or hotel shuttle from airport (small town and they may not have one). Or just a taxi to the house and get the car. Hope it starts.

I'm tired. Wish I was working less and enjoying gardening more. But I would miss the customers. Love helping them. I'm a helpful personality. Wish I had time to read a book. Wish I had time for lots of things. I just am not doing a good job of getting things done. I never actually made a list.

Wish I had time to make a decent list.

Exit laughing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: