Friday, May 16, 2008

406

That's how many times I've written to you. Sometimes posting is the very best part of my day. Sometimes it's the time when I "let go" of what is bothering me and connect with someone else for just a little while. The blog is my best friend, sort of.

Today was my day off. I was so very tired yesterday. I just wanted to shower and climb into bed. This morning was better. I got to sleep until 8 am and have breakfast with G & Riley and then walk Riley with my walking buddy. Yah! She's back! We walked and talked and had such a good time. I have missed her. She's here until October. Lots of good walks.

It's going to rain for the next few days so I should uncover the garden beds, fertilize the rhubarb and plant my cucumber and squash seeds in little pots. Almost time to start the garden. If I was into cold crops of broccoli, cabbage and lettuce then I would already be gardening. I've tried all three and it wasn't such a "good thing" for me. The grew just great. But the eating didn't do much for me. Not enough broccoli and the cabbages were bitter. The lettuce bolted. So I grow what tastes good.

I worked on my suntan today. Even out the "farmer" tan that I get at work. I have a square of fabric I fold and tie (like on Survivor) and get a strapless tan. I also work on the tan on my legs incase I ever get brave (or stupid) enough to wear shorts. Not.

G bought a pick up truck yesterday. Used. Basic. Green. Riley & I went for a ride in it since I think it should be MY truck. I've been wanting a small truck for quite some time. To haul stuff. If there was stuff that needed hauling like cow manure, compost, rocks, dry wall. And stuff like furniture I find by the side of the road and want. Hard to haul stuff home in a sportscar, even with the top down. One chair. Small. Barely fits. I do like finding chairs by the side of the road. I like tables better. A sideboard would be heaven to find.

So now we have a truck. Driver and one more person or dog fit in the passenger section. No extended cab. 4 by 4. Crank windows. Classic.

Question: anyone ever mended (make watertight) a leaking plastic watering can? The reason I want to try to mend is that the cans (two) are French and you know I love all things French. One is cracked along a side seam and the other along the bottom seam. They were left out over the winter and ice must have frozen in them. Other than the two cracks, they are sound.

I have eaten all sorts of ridiculous food today, not enough to satisfy my hunger, but far too many calories. Why? Just careless. If I make a good lunch or supper, all is well. When I think a slice of bread and some cheese or peanut butter will be "good enough" --- well, that's when I go off the rails. And I haven't had enough to drink today. You can think you are hungry when you are just thirsty. Remember that. And drink something BEFORE eating what you shouldn't. Also, make something to eat that requires LOTS of CHEWING!

Okay, time for a bit of TiVo before bed.

No comments: