Thursday, June 14, 2007

Paper Collage 2007

This is the collage for today 14 June o7. I use pages from full color, expensive decorator magazines like House& Garden, Veranda, and House Beautiful. I take the images and layer, cut, trim and look and finally paste with a glue stick and the latest financial publication from my index fund. I use the glue stick with abandon on a page and then turn that page over and use a fresh page for the next item to be glued. The stuff from the index fund is printed on thin sheets which are also nice to cut up for text backgrounds.

I love using eyes in my collage and in one of my fabric pieces I actually made a flower that was "eye" shaped. The headlights also look like eyes and the hood design--like a big nose.

This one was fun. About five layers of pages, one on top of the other. I may attempt something like this out of fabric. The different textures will be interesting to work with: woven, cord, see through, shiny and of course the flower and it's "eye".

There was a fourth collage--my favorite which didn't load. So tomorrow I will try to get that up. I'm working everyday this week at the library and don't have time for much more than a paper collage in my artistic life. But on the weekend I will be moving the sewing desk back to the sunporch for the summer and quilting and zigzagging till the lights go out. I have a backlog of things that need finishing.

TopChef: Do they just pick a lame candidate to vote off right away? That red neck with no chef training was a poor choice all round. He was way out of his depth and had no skills. The producers should be ashamed. And don't they TASTE their own food before serving???? They had plenty of food--they could cook and taste and then make a final product. Serving inedible food is my "pack up your knives" moment even if 5 of them had to go home all at once. Do you think a restaurant chef would have given them a second chance? Hah!

2 comments:

Deborah Boschert said...

Love the collages -- especially the reddish one. Monochromatic totally works.

The guy who won last night is a chef at a swank place here in Dallas. Maybe I can get Jeff to take me there for our anniversary in Aug.

Shelina said...

These are all beautiful collages. I haven't played with paper like that in a long time, but I do have some magazines...