Saturday, June 30, 2007

Book Sale News

We made $20,000 on Friday. A one day sales record. Yippee!

And a book dealer says we are "one of the top 10 book sales" and he goes to as many as he can looking for books. This was his first visit to our sale (he's attending a big soccer match in the area) but will come back next year just for the sale because he was so impressed. Now that's what I like to hear! He loved my "organized tables" and M's sorted books and the nice people working and most of all the "selection". Oh, My!

Today was slow in the book sales department because it was a beautiful day. Sunny, breezy and NOT 90 degrees. I planted my tomato seedlings, the cucumber seedlings, replanted the zucchini, and replanted the butternut squash. I also picked and ate 2 radishes. And a few Romaine leaves. I would have been a wonderful Rabbit.

We watered the neighbor's garden. She has all new landscape plants and trees and has gone away for the weekend (or 4th) and left it all to wilt. Tomorrow we'll set up sprinklers to soak the big trees and bushes. And, no, my neighbor has no idea we are doing this.

2 comments:

Shelina said...

Congratulations on great book sales Joanne. I really like your french hens and I absolutely adore the marigold quilt. Fabulous!

Deborah Boschert said...

Wow! That's big bucks. Congratulations.