Thursday, July 23, 2026

Daily Notes for Thursday July 23rd. Sunshine here in Maine.

All time favorite.

So. another Sunshine day.   Yesterday I took the clippers to a very large false indigo.  They start out so small and then BOOM they are laying sideways in the lawn.  Just a touch of that indigo blue in the few pods that have broken open... too heavy to hold themselves up.  I cut them at about 8 inches of stem above ground and then carried the 2 or 3 feet of TOP to the compost.   My plan was to cut one clump down each day.   Perhaps that wasn't a great plan.

Today I may clip a few stems with pods peeking open... let them sit in water awhile so I can see if they are full of ANTS before trying to bring them into the house.

Plans are nice things to have...even when they don't work out.  I may shorten the cut and have a few in a vase...I do love indigo blue.  I did have a wide long indigo blue shirt...someone borrowed it...never returned it.   I'd be wearing it....now.

Another book I thought would be great was not...so my Library Return Bag is getting full.

I watched Vintage PBS last night- I watched them cheer as the probe they had launched to Pluto finally arrived and made one orbit around the tiny planet before exiting.  Taking pictures that took so long to finally arrive.  Dark Matter was discussed.  It is now the Big Topic.  I keep these Space adventures recorded.   One Aunt gave my brother and I books one Christmas.  My book was about being a Nurse and his book was about a guy going out into space.   I read my book and then read his book.... kept them both.

Street paving continues...   Son has a note on the back door- Paving-so he reminds himself not to go the "usual" way.  Well, there is the Morning Newspaper to read.... yesterday some guy was setting fires in stairwells....in New York City.  They had him on security cameras but didn't catch him.

Oatmeal or Shredded Wheat this morning??????  And yes, I know it's almost lunch time....which is 2 or 3 pm for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment