Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Field Notes- Wednesday, August 17th. Rain is East of us moving this way. Daughter says it's just a Summer Cold--not COVID


 One of a kind.  Pier One. Years & Years ago.  I wanted a second one.  Have gone on line etc for Years and Years. Can't find anything........I love this lamp.  

Rain coming.  Daughter has another day off from work.... as by the time they got where they were supposed to be working  (outdoors) it would be raining and they would have to drive back home. And she is still manufacturing a "butt load" of snot.  That's my girl.

She actually likes the Passionfruit Orange Juice.  Hasn't tried the Mango something orange juice yet. Learn something new each day.  I learned that I CAN drive to the new grocery store, change lanes and do all sorts of stuff I haven't done in years.  It was scary.  I tended to follow the cars ahead of me- hoping they were going where I was going.   I know.  Stupid behavior. But...they WERE going where I was going.

Up at 7am again as the work Begins at that Time next door.  I don't think I will EVER be able to have a polite conversation with those people.  I lost the ability to "pretend" I like people. To "pretend" I like them and want to talk to them...... I don't go as far as putting a curse on them......let nature take it's course.

The chipmunks have started eating the Peaches.  On the tree.  Not the ones on the ground.  Rat Bastards.

Yesterday I had a cheese sandwich- didn't bother to toast it.  It was fine- cold and not melted.  I did buy pickles in case I make a toasted one.........those are best with pickles.

 I am looking forward to seeing Liz Cheney in the resumed committee meetings in September.  

Anyone know when black tomatoes are ripe?  Some of the long oval cherry ones are turning yellow at the bottoms  but do they eventually turn red?


1 comment:

LindaSonia said...

I love that lamp too! ... AND your sense of humor. :-)