Sunday, December 22, 2019

Daily Notes- December 22

                                       

My Solstice Paper whites.  They seemed to have grown quite a bit overnight.  While I was off with my friend yesterday- G was putting a fresh string of lights on a tiny tree we own- made of twisted branches.  We are finding little gold stars everywhere.  Even inside with the paper white bulbs.

It was very cold yesterday and today- No Sun.  Nothing to provide any warmth.

I was busy yesterday cutting up and reassembling a little Christmas Santa charm pack into potholders.  For gifting.  Now I have a visit to the even colder Magic Attic for backing fabric.  I do have Santa fabric down here but it's the wrong color.  The charm pack is more pink and green. I am hoping for something in the 30's 40's reproduction tub.  Or I will go with a stripe or polka dot in the Magic Closet.

Patriots won but we didn't get to see it as it was on a paid subscription channel.  G kept up with the action on his phone (while trying to get the lights on that little tree) while I watched a home improvement show on HGTV.

My citrus "bush" (it is certainly not a tree) is flowering right now and it smells wonderful.  I am following "new to me rules" on feeding and watering and hope that fruit follows the flowers for the First Time Ever.  We have it in the space Riley and his big dog bed occupied.  Right up against the under window radiator.  Riley could see what was going on, in the house and in the yard, and stay toasty warm with his long backbone resting on the heater.  It would have been harder for us if the space wasn't filled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so disappointed not to get to see the Patriots game yesterday, I looked forward to it all day. Then to find out CBS was not carrying it,grr, yay that they won! Hope they go all the way to the Super Bowl.

Annie

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Riley