Thursday, December 13, 2018

Daily Notes- December 13


From the "Way Back Files"  when I made (artistically) my own Christmas Cards.  I think for the majority of these I was doing the Doodle thing and filling spaces with lines and designs.  The odd one out was from before or from the Future.  The hand drawn clay pot with the tiny Norfolk pine seedling from work.  They came in a small pot--like a tiny forest--and I broke the clump up and planted each separate seedling in it's own tiny pot.  Then I drew their portrait.  To send. I think you can click to enlarge to see details if interested.

A Reader wished for new photos of what I am "making". Your wish will come true in the New Year when G gets a new iPhone (8) and daughter gets the iPhone he has now and I get my happy little iPhone 5 (a relic) back and can take pictures--after I discover where the trash button is.  I deleted for many many months so many emails and pictures and never emptied the trash.  Big CLOG!!!

We are waiting for the backlog of customers to calm down at AT&T since we will be setting up, moving things etc on three phones but only buying one.  And it would be rude to do this at their busy time.

The Nutcrackers--all SIXTEEN of them--are standing at attention on the hall entrance table.  I had forgotten about the very tall one--very impressive.  Some have helmets and some crowns.  What I need now is a Sugar Plum Fairy and a few mice?

I also found a book with a pattern for a black Scottie dog and I think I will make one out of black felt with a blanket stitch edge to add to my felt ornament collection. I also found a small felt mushroom ornament I purchased from a local store that sells things from third world countries.  I am thinking I can make my own pattern and make a few mushrooms from felt as well.

Now, if my husband and I can work together without yelling and screaming (the usual outcome), I will try and use his iPhone to take pictures of the felt items I have already made.  We are installing one of the extra side wings to the old Swedish dining room table--I need more "workshop" room for my sewing supplies--  and I will be happily occupied during the daytime.  Evenings are for reading.

We woke up to ZERO on the thermometer outside.  The sun is shining and it's brutally cold outside.



1 comment:

Amelia Quilter said...

Hi Joanne,
I still have the Norfolk Pine Christmas card you make
several year ago. I can't part with it!!