Thursday, June 06, 2013

It's The First Thursday in June

Twice. I wrote that it was Wednesday.

And it's time for me to make some decisions.

I slept until 9 this morning.  Had bran flakes (not good ones) and Fiber One for breakfast.  Second cup of coffee.  Changed my tee shirt three times already until I found one that was "just right".  I feel itchy. anxious.  Ready to change.  Move on.

I need a new cereal.  I need to clean out the tee shirt drawer.  Use more body lotion.

Rain is coming.  Sun is shining.  I have things that need to be in the garden.  BUT I need to stay clean until I visit the eye doctor and get my eyes checked.  Been two years.  What I actually need is new frames.  But my optician doesn't stock really cool frames.  Like red ones.

None of my rings fit over the knuckle on my left hand.  I should have the rings resized to fit over the knuckle.  It's what G did.

I am planning to take the advice that the morning newspaper (an article on Boomers) gave me this morning.  Cut all the size labels out of every piece of clothing you own.  Fit matters.  Not size. Those tees got to go.  I need to buy jeans that fit.

Get rid of EVERYTHING that is too big or too small.  Odds are that I am the size I am going to be. Plus or minus muscle. Live with it.

Two former employees have given me suggestions for new employment.  Yes, it's that obvious.  The "sticking point" for me is the convenience of this employer.  Short drive.  Days off if I want, paid or not.  Not much attention paid to how I spend my day or how I dress. I just need to show up. Do I trade what I have for more money?  How should I roll for the next 5 years?  Ten years?

Realistically, how long can I do this?  It's not the work that wears me out.  It's the people.  But only some of them.  And, I think G and I get along best when I am "somewhere else" most of the time. But not all the time.

I also have that huge "weight" upstairs.  The fabric closet, the art supplies, the design wall, the boxes of thread, fabric scraps, paint bottles, the sewing machines etc etc etc.  I have carried all that around for over 30 years now.  Hardly using it even when I participated (on the sidelines) with 12by12 or monthly chapter meetings.  Now, I don't even have the every other month challenges to get me involved in those materials.  What happens if I just let it all go?

I actually don't think much will change.  I will just have a large empty room.  I never go up there. When did I stop being an artist????  Better question.  When did I start?

First Thursday in June.  I am more of a Gardener than an Artist.  Reality Check.

4 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

I bet your gardens are artistic. Everyone is an artist is some way; I know an accountant who is an artist with numbers and a mechanic who is artistic with engines. You just have a different canvas.

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Gardeners are artists.

quiltcontemplation blogspot said...

i think gardening is art. i like the idea of cutting the sizes out of the clothes. it is more about how you feel.

Jo said...

cleaning your closets is a whole new world - every morning, if I put on something I don't like, it doesn't fit etc., it comes right off and goes in the plastic trash bag I have hanging nearby - when that is full, it gets given to charity. My closet is neat for the first time in decades and I know I can wear everything in it.