Friday, April 17, 2009

Friday At Last

We had "some weather" today. Maybe up to 60 degrees. Where I was working out in the perennial yard, it was windy, so not as warm. Tomorrow we are expecting rain. My garden would appreciate it.

Riley is exhausted. He is sleeping so hard that I had to go check to see if he was dead. He opened his eye. Looked at me. Closed his eye. Not dead.

I made Tomato Basil Soup for G for his dinner. With homemade little dumplings. I just mixed up some egg beaters, milk and flour into a smooth and sticky dough and spooned it into boiling water and let them cook until they floated. I also added a ribbon of light cream to the soup. You could add a shot of vodka for an Italian touch. The dumplings add a Serbian peasant touch because I learned how to make them from my grandmother.

Tomorrow I am "hostessing" the garden speaker. Roses. I am in charge of copies of handouts, chairs, coffee and coffee cake at 9 am. At the 1 o'clock class we'll be serving cookies.

We are having the class in the Annual House and we'll have the "cold" crops for company. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, lettuces, onions and celery. I want one of everything. I purchased a Jackamani clematis. I wanted one last year but waited too long. It's always best to buy plants the first few days they arrive. After that, they get depressed or something (even though I give them excellent care, water and talk to them-- we even play music for them). Like orphans when they don't get adopted. Poor self image. I plan to plant my Jackamani in a big pile of compost on Sunday. I plan to plant a number of things on Sunday.

G just finished eating a whole container of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. He never gains weight and has cholesterol of 180. I really don't understand. And it's hard to live with someone who eats like that and gets away with it. But I'm healthier. Never get sick and have more stamina. He's always whining about something.

TiVo. I already had my shower. And then bedtime.

No comments: