Monday, August 06, 2007

DOG

The universe is a strange and magical thing. I can't even begin to understand the way things work. So I'm going to tell you a little story. Maybe you can figure it out.

After we gave our first puppy back to the breeder, I began to dream of a black dog who sat at the end of the driveway. In my dreams, the black dog was sitting there at the end of the driveway waiting. I thought it was unfinished business. Guilt. Remorse. Second thoughts. I would wake up crying. The dream always made me sad.

Now, after 2 months of thinking and dreaming, we have a second black puppy. A puppy who races down the driveway to sit at the end and wait. For me.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

This puppy is from the litter you wanted to wait for. This puppy was meant to be with you. This puppy let you know in your dreams that he was waiting for you to come get him. This puppy is yours.

Angie said...

What a wonderful story for you to share with us!!! The puppy is there...waiting for you at the end of the driveway...explanation in itself!! :> IMHO there's no other love quite like the love and devotion of a special dog. :D

dee said...

many years ago before my son was even an idea we had dreamed of, I dreamed about a child calling out to me. It never took form in my dreams-it was just a voice calling to me. Some things are meant to be.

kathy said...

It seems you've struck gold!