Saturday, July 14, 2007

Day Two

And so sweet. A completely different experience. I'm looking forward to 14 years of this.

No name yet. The kennel named him "patton" and a neighbor suggested calling him "general" but really he is way too sweet to be a general. Walks, sleeps, pees and tracks and catches moths. 14 weeks old. "Started" with obedience training at the breeder's.

"patton" and I sat out in the shade today, little breeze keeping the squitos away. I could have napped or read a book. He sat next to my chair chewing on a stick. For nearly an hour. And he's a puppy! So I suggested we go around the corner and get a drink of water and he ran over there and drank water. All by himself. Certainly smart.

Walked him down my neighborhood street yesterday (his first 2 hours living with us) and all the neighbors were home and out and got to meet "patton". He sat and said hello and when I proceeded to talk to everyone (I talk alot) he sat at my feet with his eyes on me. Waiting for our next move. When I talked too long---15 minutes or so, he gave one bark. I told him to wait. And he did. I told one neighbor I expected to wake up any minute because this HAD to be a DREAM.

Tucked him into the crate at 9 pm (some fussing and whining), potty at 11 and awake at 5:30 am. Nap at 7:30 am, nap at 10 am, nap at 12:30 am, well, you get the idea. He sleeps alot. Sits on his dog bed while I cook or clean and napped under the table while we ate dinner.

Speaking of dinner. I made guacamole for the very first time without a recipe. Two avocado, diced red onion and the juice of one lime. Salt and pepper. It was delicious! I think it worked because the onion was "spicy". Blue organic corn chips. And G is making coffee so I can chill the remainder for iced coffee tomorrow. Summer. What's not to like?

And I'm watching DiceK pitch for the Red Sox. My walking buddy is a big Sox fan.

G and "patton" are playing fetch with a tennis ball. And "patton" is seeing his relection in the French doors and getting excited.

It's a bit after 9 pm and we'll see how long he can behave and stay awake. And I could be referring to either of them.

4 comments:

Leanne Hurren said...

Glad that you are having a better experience this time. Looks like a gorgeous pup. Our pup is only 11 weeks old and in the first week I thought he would have to go back as I couldn't cope! Didn;t realise how hard it would be but it is getting easier (and more fun!!)

Unknown said...

congratulations, on your new addition!

he looks adorable. it looks like you lucked out this time. I know it happens, i have met those dogs and have been amazed. not like the experience we had either. It is such a joy to have a good dog.

how big is he? What breed is he? he does need a new less formal name. As his personality comes out more and more i am sure a name will pop up that fits.

Deborah Boschert said...

Hooray! I am so happy to see him and hear you so excited and enthusiastic. Wonderful. Lincoln says "hi" too!

Samantha said...

I think you meant to say "14 weeks" , not "14 months" :)