Sunday, May 20, 2007

What Goes Around

This morning I wanted to take some pictures but it's cloudy, cold, and rainy today in Maine. Another sweater day. Maybe even a winter coat day. So I took pictures of stuff and ended up liking the rubber band. It goes around.

I think I would like to be spending the day in my fabric room--straightening out the messy piles and trying to do some work. I also need to do my two mile walk. What I really want to do is burrow down on the couch with a romance book and a warm lap blanket.

G is outside getting dirty. Working on the wood pile. Yesterday he planted three Christmas trees he found growing in the woods behind our house. (on our land) Don't want you to think we were stealing them. Someday they will look pretty nice.

Made a really nice paper collage in my journal today that would make a very nice quilt. That hasn't happened too much lately. Not many quilt ideas.

Sometimes life is just too busy. No time to just sit and stare at things and think. I'm the sort of personality that needs lots of quiet alone time to just stand and stare at things. All the things I do artistically take time to perk in my mind. It looks like I'm doing nothing. But the opposite is true. When I'm busy and have to work alot at the library-- that's when I'm doing nothing. Work equals no art. And this week I'm scheduled to work everyday. So no art.

I've also decided to stop scheduling lunch dates. It's too much food and calories. And I am 3 pounds away from my 20 week goal of 40 pounds. Missed it. Very sad about it. This is now week 21 and if I don't catch up, well, I'll always be behind. So I'm tieing on the walking shoes and hitting the pavement. Every day this week. Walking. Soup. Salad. Work. Sleep.

I have to get back into the spirit of this weight loss plan. Working Hard. Eating Right. Moving Forward. Walking. Walking. Walking. Tired already.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

But wait... we already have a lunch date scheduled!? Can we add a walk to the itinerary?