Sunday, February 04, 2007

Sunday

My pyramid of red grapefruit from WallyWorld. These little gems don't disappoint. And I'm looking forward to "one a day" till they are gone. Why is it that we can't get good tasting grapefruit all the time? A good one is cause for a parade here in Maine. And Navel oranges? Just awful. I've had to return recent purchases to my supermarket--they give me my money back, plus a dollar.

Yesterday's paper collage. I took some pictures from some sort of publication--I think it was a promotional piece--- which I found in the trash at the library. Anyway, I tore out two pages, cut them up and reassembled the pieces with some additions from my bucket of scrap materials. My daughter said it was a "neutrals study". Perhaps it is but only after the fact. Wasn't what I was doing.

The days are just flashing by. Already February. And G just carried the Christmas Tree up to the attic!! I got my squash seeds from Burpee. Now, to wait for the remainder from Fedco.

We're driving to Ohio to see my Dad at the end of the month. G and I both need a bit of a breather from work and Maine (much as we love both). We always enjoy a nice "road trip" so I hope the groundhog was correct and Spring will be right around the cornah when we get back. And the mud.

I spent the afternoon piecing 2 foundation, crazy patch blocks to match the other 18 from the late 40's. Maybe the 50's. I'm using gathered fabrics and trying for something that looks like it belongs together. Not like that Sesame Street song--"Which of these things doesn't belong here ?" Not easy. Pictures tomorrow.

1 comment:

Deborah Boschert said...

Always delighted to read an update from you. (Even though I don't personally like grapefruits... too tart for me.) Can't wait to see how the piecing is progressing. And huge kudos to you on sticking to this new food plan and seeing results!