Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday, Sunday

We got absolutely NOTHING done yesterday and it looks like more of the same today. Patty says "come over and pick peaches" so we may do just that. Made biscuits, bacon and scrambled eggs for breakfast--no grits. The remainder of the tomatoes will become fresh salsa later today and we will scoop it up with chips. Oh, I do love the fresh taste of tomatoes, onion, jalapeno and lime. Maybe a margarita to go with. I can drink if I don't take the anti inflamatory drugs. You can see what my priorities are can't you?

I have two cardboard boxes for the Spooky House tutorial and need to do some drawings and snap some pictures. I hope the Moms out there will give it a go--your kids will go crazy over it. Writing a tutorial is very intensive. You have to remember every step and pitfall.

I went to Marden's and spent only $13--can you BELIEVE IT??? I bought 3 1/2 yards of 60" natural cotton twill for $4.35 and washed it with bleach when I got home--- there were mildew stains on one edge. Well, the mildew is gone and now I have WHITE cotton twill. What I wanted in the first place. I selected and PUT BACK several bolts of fabric. I am ever so proud of myself for NOT buying anymore printed commercial fabric. I also bought spray adhesive for the Spooky House demo. And G bought personal size packages of candy "for his lunchbox".

Now G is out pulling up the tomato plants, dill and perhaps the celery. Then we have to dig up the dahlia tubers and let them dry up before storing them in the basement (cellar in Maine speak). The dahlias had a terrific season in the good garden soil and got huge. That makes me think my regular flower bed soil is in need of inmprovements.

Got to go. See you soon!

No comments: