Friday, October 09, 2026

Daily Notes- Friday, October 9th. Grocery Store list to get two shots...Flu and Covid


 Image from the sidebar file.  

I'd like to be wearing my thermal long sleeved shirt but..."shot day" so I need short sleeves.  I may add a warm vest to my outfit.   I had the flu once...long ago when still working at the greenhouse.....once was more than enough..... not sure about having COVID...ever. My Lunch Buddy had COVID several times and it was awful. She said. Mostly because she had herself and husband to care for....alone. I'd have been in same situation with husband and myself if we'd both been sick.

The news lately has been terrifying....which we should expect with a mental case in charge. Now he wants to put people on boats (ships) and send them out into the ocean. Never to return, I guess.  I think he should send himself out first as a sort of trial run for a year or two.....if he likes it...make it a regular thing. Could glue fake gold things all over the boat. Fancy it up.

I had more to say but I doubt ...with the way things are going...that my comments would be welcome.

I.haven't been up long enough to have any interesting thoughts.  And it's very very cold in my house and I just turned up the temp on the furnace.  It will take quite a while to warm this large open roomed house up. Should have had more doors installed.  It's more of a warm weather place than winter place.....cause Mainers go to Florida in the Winter.  Almost all of them...the bakery people making the fantastic jelly donuts go to Florida every October and come back in April.  All tan and happy. Son gets me a jelly donut on the first day they have them after getting back. From Florida.

A very very large building on Maine Street (across from the donut place) is being taken down....a Dry Cleaning establishment.  So many tonic forever things having to be taken care of.... It's a very large building...and was doing dry cleaning for decades before I moved here 20 years ago????  I think apartments are going to fill the space in a few years.  With under the building parking?????  Plans often do not work out.... the area is very close to the river.....under water parking????????

Well, an hour or so under my down blanket before going to get my SHOTS.....to warm up... I might fall asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment