Thursday, October 01, 2026

Daily Notes for Thursday October First. Sunshine here in Maine. 64 degrees


 We may have had this image before but I like it.. makes me smile...and that's a very good thing.

The Lawn guys showed up yesterday and mowed, edged and used the blower to remove any grass and leaves off the driveway and sidewalks and even the front porch.  Possibly some of the acorns as well. They have great attention to detail. Daughter will be starting work on the landscaping some time this month....rather than start in on more Attic Boxes right away... ease into it.

Son replaced a light bulb which was flickering in a very scary HORROR MOVIE way....new tech bulb he explained.  An older model would have just stopped lighting up. New ones flash to say  "get a new bulb".Exchanged it for a new out of package one identical to it.  I'm an old tech woman in a new tech world, I guess.

My hair, this morning' feels like it's 2 feet wide and scary as hell.  If anyone rings the doorbell they will turn and run when I open the door.

I put my new driver's license in my wallet...this morning.. checked twice.to see if it was the new one. I look exactly like I did three years ago.  Same soccer hair and everything.  Surprised Me.

Today was "replace the old desk calendar" with the new page for October.  October is usually when I start making Vegetable Soup.   It's an easy meal....I started making it years ago.... comfort food.   Back then I needed any sort of comfort I could get.    

I'm hoping Storage Wars is on today.... it's mindless entertainment and it's what I want right now...  I have books to read but that seems like more work than I want right now.....


No comments:

Post a Comment