Monday, August 31, 2026

Daily Notes number 5461. I've written that many. Sunshine here in Maine....


 Postcard from Provence.

Today is Library Monday.   New books...nothing was ordered so it's going to be a difficult visit.  Searching for things to read. On shelving packed with both fiction and mystery ...there is often nothing "new" on the "new books" shelving...they spent over a million on knocking out walls and ZERO on books..  

We now have a very very large empty space library ...sound echos.

I spent some time yesterday looking things up...authors etc.  I don't recall keeping the list.

I added another round of strips to the red rectangle.  Not a Square.  Something "new".   The strip of dark cranberry picked up on a small line of the same color in the mostly red rectangular cloth (how a square became a rectangle is ....a surprise).   It now has an entirely different vibe...wants to expand. Grow.

I am enjoying the cleared and expanded emptiness of the right side of the living room...all I see is Very nice wood flooring...  I'm in the section supposedly designated as "dining room"........now designated as TV/Sewing/Clutter Room.

I watched a few recorded episodes of Hudson and Rex yesterday.  Nothing much happens. Which is fine as I rarely pay attention to the dialogue anyway. The scenery is very very colorful....the houses painted in bright cheerful set of eight  colors.

Yesterday Son was worried as I was acting more spacey than usual....I was tired and had run out of uninteresting conversation.  Nothing happens here....I could give him a report of the status of the book I am reading....or the cranberry cloth strips???????  Or the itch on my right foot. Or the way my hair was acting....it needed to be washed and I washed it this morning...in the dangerous shower.

So here we are on another Monday...Maine had HOPED it would RAIN. Overnight. I am saving SO MUCH Money on NOT having the grass mowed.  

Well, another glass of electrolytes.  "get salty" and I will be ready to visit the Library. 


2 comments:

  1. May I suggest
    One in a million boy
    By Maine author
    Monica Wood
    Or
    Theo of Golden
    By Allen Levi

    Hope you get that rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I now have those two on a nice pink post it note .....I will see if My Library has one or both.

    ReplyDelete