Scabiosis
Also do not have this in my garden. Reading my second Garwood book The Ideal Man. Not a favorite. But I will read it to the end and then start in on Sizzle or Slow Burn. Get more when I visit the Library. Also suggested daughter pick up ANY that have FBI in the front cover blurb at the Summer Library Book Sales she attends.... Wired was great. I see that word "great" so often in books....I have gotten to the point where it is hugely annoying. He's great. The garden is great. The food is great etc etc etc.
I'm at the point where I am leaning toward writing down the dictionary meaning of that word. And sending it to a few authors. He's great. She's great etc like that has any significant meaning for the Reader. What makes that person, thing, food or event "great"???? Tell me...
I read ALL of the books by this author when I was given the Winter off from my Greenhouse job. This was after a few winters of terrorizing books by an author I have blocked from memory. I can't read that stuff anymore. The closer one comes to eternity the less you enjoy fictional death. But a good FBI book by Julie Garwood......entertaining.
At some point I will make a phone call to my cable provider and see if I can get Turner...and watch old movies. In one of the books I love reading the two people watching movies together watch His Gal Friday and well....I recall that movie...watching it at my grandmothers house when I was 10 or 12..... and thinking I would like to have that sort of relationship. I never did. And I never will.
I love "His Girl Friday." Rosalind Russell and Cary Grant. The old comedies were so smart and charming. These days they're just stupid and crude beyond belief.
ReplyDeleteDianeN