Sunday, July 26, 2026

Daily Notes for Sunday July 26th. Sunshine here in Maine with temps in the high 70's


 Come sit awhile.....we'll enjoy a nice chat.

It's been quite a dry spell here...for friends visiting etc.  It was difficult at first getting used to the alone-ness but I have managed to get used to it...  entertain myself.  I try not to indulge in talking to myself out loud... especially if it sounds like a two way conversation... (sigh)

I didn't sleep well and am feeling sort of tired...now.  Neck muscles are cramping up.

I don't have a shaded bench for sitting.  I do have two large comfy rockers on the front porch.  In years past a few neighbors would visit or a friend would drive to see me....we would chat and rock and feel comfortable with silences.  I would have glasses of cold water or tea or coffee to refresh my guest.

Sitting out there alone...I could do that... but.....it feels really sad. I recall my father being quite lonely living alone. His older friend  Phil would come to visit and fall asleep.... my dad sat and rocked and looked out over the back yard until Phil woke up and decided to go home.

We will be making Sunday Pizza later....And I have lettuce in the fridge for a salad but worry about eating it........ not much going on here...a book to read, some cloth strips set up ready to hand stitch--but then what do I do with the squares?  I made gift potholders but noticed they were never used.

Well, my book needs reading.....my coffee needs reheating......and there must be something on tv I can pretend to be watching.  The bones in my neck are making strange noises.

No comments:

Post a Comment